Sunday 8 October 2017

Post 295: Mixed Media ATCs

Hi friends,

I'd like to share a set of Mixed Media ATCs I created. 

ATCs or Artist Trading Cards are little pieces of art which are 2.5 by 3.5 inches in size. These are usually made in sets around a certain theme. Artists and crafters usually exchange them at craft meets or in happy mail. 

I thought I would make a few ATCs out of the backgrounds I had created with left over paints. I don't like to throw anything away or be wasteful so I felt nice making these :) I wanted to portray positive and encouraging sentiments. I've added Prima's modelling paste through Mudra's Doodle Cluster stencil and then done random stamping using archival ink with a lot of different stamps I had lying around. To give texture, I've added some thread. The sentiments are stamped from Mudra stamps. Then, added a few details and did doodling with a black sharpie pen. Further, I created some splatter with watered down white gesso. The edges were distressed, torn and darkened with black soot distress ink & these were then matted onto white ATCs which were darkened on the edges as well. I thought the white border helps make them pop. 

Here is a photo of the ATCs:

I am playing along with the following challenges:

Pixie's Snippets Playground Weeks 301 & 302 (almost all the paper & thread used in these ATCs are  snippets)

Thanks for your time :)
Love reading your sweet comments.
Stay Blessed. 

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - how pretty and so cleverly made too. Happy indeed :)

    Lovely to see you in the Playground!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The textures are incredibly gorgeous. I love the background and fab doodles you did Preeti. So awesome! It's so wonderful to see your submission at STAMPlorations October Mixed Media Challenge Thank you for playing along with us.
    Hugs and smiles,
    Asmah
    STAMPlorations Mixed Media Design Team
    Qinaahana Arts & Crafts {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous ATC´s, Preeti!!! thanks for playing along with us at STAMPlorations mixed media challenge!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your ATCs - thanks for sharing your project at the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge

    ReplyDelete