Friday 23 September 2016

Teacher's Day Tag

Hi folks! This is my first blog post and I've been delaying it for oh! so long. This blogging thing had me thrown and so finally I have decided to sit down and write. (Here's hoping this goes up and no technical glitches happen :p). I'm posting my first ever tag here. Actually happy with how it turned out.

Here is the procedure and list of mistakes I made and then covered up :)

1. Tag was made by die cutting iris cardstock using the sizzix tags die.
2. Distressed the tag with the vintage photo distress ink by Ranger.
3. Stamped the alphabets in the background with a Kaisercraft stamp using the peacock feathers color in distess ink.
4. Then I tried to stamp the books (Peekaboo designs stamp- teacher's day) directly onto the tag using archival black ink but messed up so then I stamped it onto some scrap red colored paper and since the result was good, I fussy cut it and pasted it onto the tag. The teacher was stamped from a stamp in the same set.
5. Then I stamped the Thank You badge from an inkadinkado stamp set and fussy cut it. To lend it some pizzazz I first pasted a piece of black cardstock on the back and then added the badge with some foam tape to give it dimension.
6. Since everything looked quite plain at this point I added the die cut leaves from a Cheery Lynn die behind the badge to make the words stand out.
7. Lastly, I tied 2 pieces of ribbons at the top to finish it off. (I tried adding an eyelet but the Kangaro Eyelet setter I have doesn't seem to cater to bigger holes, so I left it as is. Will have to buy a Crop-a-dile for the same.)


Linking this teacher's day tag to Paru's Card Making Challenges - September (Focus on words)
You can check out her blog by following this link----> Paru's Card Making Blog

Thanks for your time!! Till next time.... stay blessed :)
- Preety

2 comments: